Cassandra Davis graduated summa cum laude from The University of Arizona in May of 2002 with a BS in Speech and Hearing Sciences and a BA in Spanish with an emphasis in linguistics. She was also a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Her special interest area was bilingual communication disorders. Cassandra was about to begin graduate school when she died in a car accident in July of 2002. In Cassandra’s memory, an endowed scholarship was established by family and friends in Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences to serve as a permanent memorial to her and to the pursuit of academic excellence.
Recipients of the Cassandra Davis Memorial Scholarship are Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences majors who will be juniors or seniors or will be continuing master’s students in speech-language pathology at the University of Arizona and have demonstrated scholastic excellence and a desire to help others.
You too can support this endowed scholarship and keep Cassandra’s legacy alive.
2015-2016 Cassandra Davis Memorial Endowment Scholarship Application
- 2015-2016: Sara Monti (Grad), Katherine Zeiger (Grad)
- 2014-2015: Olivia Maiefski (Grad), Jessie Erickson (Grad), Jennifer DiLallo (Undergrad)
- 2013-2014: Samantha Ricks (Grad), Alejandra Johns (Undergrad), Marissa Cooper (Undergrad)
- 2012-2013: Tamra Kasprzyk (Grad); Katrina Jensen (Grad); Olivia Maiefski (Undergrad)
- 2011-2012: Katherine Redden (Grad), Anna-Alyse Tellez (Undergrad)
- 2010-2011: Jenna Beltrami (Grad), Taylor Howard (Grad)
- 2009-2010: Kristin Larson, Amanda Lopez
- 2008-2009: Sarah Cook and Amanda Beneke
- 2007-2008: Kristen Kalend, Meghan Matthews, Michelle Wilson, and Amanda Beneke
- 2006-2007: Aileen Wong and Katie Leake
- 2005-2006: Antonia Vitela and Deanna Nagai
- 2004-2005: Sarette Schneider and Jennifer Parrott
- 2003-2004: Kristen Perona
Cassandra’s Clinical Connection was established to honor Cassandra’s legacy as a clinical prodigy. Undergraduates must show outstanding potential and preparation for clinic.
- 2013-2014: Karen Peralta
- 2009-2010: Allison Driscoll
- 2008-2009: Meghan Matthews
Please direct questions about this scholarship to:Cathy Fay, Development Associate Speech, Language, & Hearing Sciences, room 220 University of Arizona P.O. Box 210071 Tucson, AZ 85721-0071 Email: email@example.com Phone: (520)621-1819 Fax: (520)621-9901
Donations can be sent to:The University of Arizona Foundation Cassandra Davis Endowed Memorial Scholarship Department of Speech, Language, & Hearing Sciences 1131 E. 2nd Street Tucson, AZ 85721